Close

Question Printing with Wood Filament & Final Finishes

Just curious what size grit sand paper works the best for smoothing out finished pieces?

Also, has any one printed with wood filament? I hear this material is very warp resistant and can be sanded easily to hide layers.

Thanks,

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    jssnoopy, do you get very different answers at the other print forums?

http://www.******************.com/sea...=1494&sr=posts

Not always but I'm trying extend my reach for more answers. So far this forum seems to be the best. I see you are a member on more than one forum as well. Why do you ask?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I asked because I was interested in your answer.

Ha alright. Fair enough. If I may, why do you use more than one forum? I'm guessing you're using these forums to market your business? I'm interested in learning more about your 3D printing business sometime. I'm creating a entrepreneurial start-up blog so maybe I could write a article about what you are doing within the 3D printing community if you're interested.

Cheers!

Yeah, sure. I started to maintain this presence (and the others) to answer questions about our products - to provide information when appropriate, without spamming people with it all the time. Hopefully I have maintained that balance.

I enjoy the community here, so I participate here more than the others. In a former life I was VERY active on various fora. It is nice to be part of a community of regular posters, especially where the posts are mostly helpful - so much so that even I refrain from posting snarky grammar and spelling comments.

Cool, cool. I will find your contact information on your website and let you know once I get the blog up and running!