Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No glue, tape, spray, juice....just a good clean heated sheet of glass. I keep the heat on the whole print or the glass will contract and pop the printed part off. Every other print, I give the glass a good wipe down with isopropyl after scrape with a boxcutter blade.

Mendel90, 0.3mm j-head Mk5 1.75mm, and PLA from Diamond Age here in NZ.

Makerfarm 8" presa i3 J-head MK-IV .5 PLA. Clean glass with Aquanet SuperHold. I spray 2 medium coats. Let dry for 10 min or turn on the heat bed. When done printing pull the glass and let cool. The sound will let you know when it has removed it self.

aBraindDump

Aquanet Extra-super-hold hairspray works good for PLA

I am wondering if frosted/sandblasted Pyrex would work for ABS.
    thick ABS juice applied to hot Pyrex will bubble and create a rough surface too.

Technician
    Lately I have been using nonscented hairspray on a glass build plate. Works like a charm 99.9% of the time. I don't understand why more people don't do this. It's a really affordable method and seems to work better than anything else.

Technician
    Acrylic works best for me until now.
    I'm just reading the reason why I can't get the hairspray on a mirror work well yet,
    thanks Funkymonk, mine doesn't have VA/VP...

Technician
    Add kennycoulter on Facebook Add kennycoulter on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by intohim View Post
    Lately I have been using nonscented hairspray on a glass build plate. Works like a charm 99.9% of the time. I don't understand why more people don't do this. It's a really affordable method and seems to work better than anything else.
    Is this for use with ABS or PLA?

I have tried different types of tape, and 2 different hairsprays, but NEVER have ABS stick correctly. I purchased a heated build plate from ebay, but it is only that.... still need to figure out how to wire it in and control it in addition to having a better platform for it to be clamped to.

I use AquaNet Professional Hair Spray Unscented for PLA on Pyrex glass plate 60-70C.

Works great, part pops off after it cools.

Glass cleaner will clean over spray....

Technologist
    I use Elmer's Disappearing Purple Glue sticks... with my PLA prints it sticks so well, the only way I can remove the piece afterwards is by putting the glass bed in the freezer for 5 minutes. After about 5 mins the part just falls off the glass. ABS does well with the glue sticks as well, for me.

For ABS, I have found that ABS juice works on Pyrex glass without Kapton/PET tape.

just heat up the glass bed and apply the juice in puddles so that it ends up boiling and leaving a thick rough plastic surface.......Of course it stinks.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12