Close

Scientists Create Beating Heart Tissue With Help of 3D Printer

This is yet another incredible discovery. Researchers at Harvard have created Human heart tissue in which the cells are able to beat on their own.

http://3dprint.com/1676/3d-printing-...g-heart-cells/

They used a new type of hydrogel called MeTrogel which allows for a more elastic consistency to the tissue. This incredible progress in the field of medicine is all with the help of 3D printing. They used a 3d printer to etch the gel so that the cells were lined up perfectly, allowing the tissue to form currectly.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I wonder what Frankenstein 2018 is going to look like. Maybe they'll be able to dip him in Acetone in the end to get rid of the .1mm layer lines. Kidding aside, fascinating article. Like I said in another post, it's very cool to be participating in an industry that is still just the "tip of the iceberg."
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    I wonder if we will see working hearts 3d printed in our lifetimes. If we do, we can probably expect to live quite a bit longer than the current life expectancy. If they can 3D print hearts, they would be able to 3D print probably every other organ (other than the brain).

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Like I said in another post, it's very cool to be participating in an industry that is still just the "tip of the iceberg."
    Or tip of the beak!

(See the penguin story)

OME