Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    8 X 10 picture frame glass from the $1 store works great you can score and snap it at 8 X 8 or just leave it 8 X 10.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    So the spring clips still reach the glass at 8"? That's good to know and a helpful tip.

Yea, just measured between my bolts and it's just about .25mm wider than 8".
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    What hot end did you guys go with for the i3v? I asked Colin what he recommended and he said he thought the Hexagon hot end was awesome. I went with the 1.75mm Hexagon with a 0.4mm nozzle.

I went with the Hexagon as well, .4mm nozzle but for 3mm filament. I read somewhere that 3mm filament was a little more forgiving for beginners.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Have any of you looked at the Prometheus hot end? It looks interesting in that it's adjustable for the cool zone.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Looks like makerfarm is having an easter week special for $570. While that's an awesome discount, I feel a little taken advantage of by being a preorder buyer at 650 only a few weeks ago.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Try not to feel too bad gmay3. It's just the nature of running a business. No matter what your product, a Sale, is a tricky thing. There is always someone who bought "it" yesterday and didn't get the sale price. And, it's not fun with it's yourself.

I don't think you were taken advantage of in any way. Colin is not like that and seems to be a really nice guy. You won't find any better customer assistance. You unfortunately just made your purchase prior to a sale. It has to happen to someone and sorry it was you. Fortunately it was only $80 bucks. That's about the cost of two rolls of filament so really not too awful. So go print something cool with that groovy new Makerfarm and make yourself feel better. I wish I had the new version of the printer printer.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Thanks RobH2 you make a good point. I really don't feel too bad about it, I'm just like DAMN! Oh well! I still think it was worth every penny of 650 and if someone gets it on sale that's great value!

I only have great things to say about Colin, he's great! He always has provided really helpful advice (very quickly) and seems to be a very kind person. I know others have said this too and that's a main reason I decided to go with the Makerfarm Prusa i3v! I think I'll be ordering some more filament from him soon!

Technician
    Hah! I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt a little envy at the Easter Week special price, having bought mine just after gmay3 did at the $650 price point.

But, yes I absolutely told EVERYONE who was on the fence about buying one to grab it at that price if they could.

And I wouldn't say no to discounts on some future filament purchases from Makerfarm...

Seems like Colin heard us prays and done it!

http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/m...v-upgrade.html

We can now upgrade our kits to the I3V.
    I personaly aint very sure yet, Just due it will take quiet a bit to get all parts from my makerfarm and make the I3V.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast