Close

3D Printing Embossed Text

Any tips for making this look better?

It was done on a flashforge creator pro and sliced with simplify. What im referring to is the area just past the text and the areas between the letters, it seems to extrude differently for a short period after the extruder turns back to the outmost shell

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    I think slowing your printer down would help.

Also if possible... orientate the print in your slicer so that the text is perpendicular to the layers. (e.g facing upwards or downwards on the print bed) This would probably give the best result but its not always practicable.

Im maxing out the bed size on this one so I cant re-orientate. Ill try slowing it down, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3dex ltd View Post
    I think slowing your printer down would help.

Also if possible... orientate the print in your slicer so that the text is perpendicular to the layers. (e.g facing upwards or downwards on the print bed) This would probably give the best result but its not always practicable.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

You are trying to print right angles (yes that's obvious). Any time you do that, there is a speed up / slow down process. If your extruder / hot end do not keep up, you will get odd effects. If slowing down does not fix the issue, check your temperatures.

Bob