Close

Student

auto leveling crashes into bed after probing

please see video and help if you can. I really want to get this thing working. if I've posted in the wrong section I'm sorry. let me know which and I'll post there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxUSy5FdXb0

In the firmware there will be a setting for the probe offset.. which its the distance from the probe to the bed check that it had not been set.

I would set my Z Tower Heights much smaller and trigger the probe by hand until I got it figured out. I might also set the Z speed lower so I have more time to react. (On a Delta, you will have to set all speeds down to do that.) I wouldn't want my effector drilling into the bed like that.

Student
    I got it figured out.

I misunderstood how g29 works. I had assumed that once g29 was run it would store that data and adjust the z height max and go to the 5mm height above the surface. I now know that g29 doesn't compensate that much. I had the z height way too large and when the probe tried to go to g1 z5 after the g29 command it was crashing into the bed. FWIW HE3D has been very prompt and helpful with getting this thing working.

thanks everyone.