Close

Engineer-in-Training

Change settings in Simplify3D for faster printing?

I have PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer (Flashforge Dreamer clone) and Simplify3D software. The default printing speed is 60 mm/s. If I want to set the default printing speed to 75 mm/s, are there any other settings in Simplify3D to change?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    nope.
    Everything else is calculated on a percentage of the main printing speed.

Just know the faster you print the lower the resolution of your print

Engineer-in-Training
    If you want really fast printing jump up to a larger nozzle diameter and up your layer thickness

Engineer-in-Training
    There is a new 3D printer at http://newpro3d.com/ that can print much faster than regular 3D printer. I thought that there is a new FDM printer that can print faster using its own special filament.

Student
    If you want a way of printing faster with Simplify 3d without upgrading your machine lol,

Think about what your printing, a video by the 3d printing nerd inspired me to start looking at my prints differently.

We all use infill wayyyyyy too much, and not for the right reasons.

With simplify 3d you have SOOO much more available options for you, you can print with 0 infill with a spiral vase biuld if you have nothing too crazy (limited by the models shapes of course), you can use multiple processes to print different infill percentages for different sections of the build (very handy).
    Also, check your bottom and top solid options, the outer shell layers too can impact a build.
    I never really mess with the actual print speed, I try my best to tune my processes and orienation etc.

Theres way too much to consider when printing something.