Close

Dremel Offers 3D Printing Certification Course for Teachers

Today, Dremel announced that they're taking another step towards ensuring that teachers have the capability and expertise to teach 3D printing in their classrooms. The company has partnered with the PD Learning Network (PDLN), a brand new organization offering online professional development for teachers, to create a badge certified 3D printing course for K-12 teachers. Access to the course is provided with the purchase of every Dremel Idea Builder 3D40-EDU kit. The course material includes videos, lesson plans, articles, case studies from other schools, and hands-on learning opportunities all geared towards helping teachers to understand 3D printing and effectively transfer that knowledge to their students. Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/140001/dremel-pd-learning-network/

Engineer-in-Training
    Interesting. My grandfather used to be on the product review board here in Racine, WI before he passed away. I wonder if I can sweet talk someone there into the class even though I am not a teacher.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    they have to buy the printer first.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    they have to buy the printer first.
    Hence the sweet talking. I know a few people in that office, and they do training and educational stuff there fairly regularly.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    but is the dremel cheaper than the flashforge dreamer ? They are, after all the same machine.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am almost positive Dremel is marking them up. The dual extruder dreamer is $1100 on amazon. The single extruder dremel unit is $1300.