Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is the liner only in the J Head 1.75mm unit of is it also in the 3mm Hot Ends? I cleaned my 3mm hot end out a couple of months ago and do not remember any liner? If so, do all 1.75 J Heads have the liner or are some just drilled to ~1.75mm and do not need the liner?

The 3mm one also has the liner in the makerfarm supplied jheads as far as I know.

Thanks Meo, we get our hotends from hotends.com and there is no liner. I guess different builders do it their own way?

Maybe, I don't know enough outside of MakerFarm unfortunately. But consider yourself lucky, the liner is tough enough to replace, to have to do that once a month is a killer for my fingers

Have you tried running without the liner?

Without the liner, the PLA just mets at the hot end and pools up the PEEK until it floods out and cools causing all sorts of problems lol. The liner is there to form a seal at the nozzle and PEEK while also guiding the filament down to the melt zone without bending etc.

10-4 maybe move the liner up slightly I realize the hot pool will still act on the seal area or replace with a metal liner,
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoWorks View Post
    Without the liner, the PLA just mets at the hot end and pools up the PEEK until it floods out and cools causing all sorts of problems lol. The liner is there to form a seal at the nozzle and PEEK while also guiding the filament down to the melt zone without bending etc.

In conclusion E3D or J head MkV?
    Your choice and why?
    What is the best?

I don't think you can go wrong with the E3D. If you're looking for a new hot end and have the extra funds available, go for it! I had to upgrade because of the constant issues with jhead hot end and once I receive the E3D, I can post a review about it. Personally, if you have a good jhead, then awesome, really no need to upgrade. As for which one is best? I personally think E3D is a step up.

Hello , i think Buy E3D .
    But what I choice?
    This (Direct)
    http://e3d-online.com/E3D-HotEnds/1....-V5-Metal-Only
    or this?(Bowden)
    http://e3d-online.com/E3D-HotEnds/1....-V5-Metal-Only

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast