Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Enthusiastic is the correct word.

All. I'm printing POM successfully at 177C on PEI surface hot bed @ 140C. Not great prints so far, but at least the stuff is sticking and not warping. I have my extrusion and movements set to VERY SLOW however. Makes this less than ideal, but hey it finally works.

I've had a heck of a time with Gizmo Dorks POM. Warping is the main issue. I'm able to get it to stick to a LARGE bed of PLA at 50C and below (so the PLA bed remains flat), but laying down the PLA takes awhile and there's still the issue of warping. The only way I can stop the warping is extrude at 177C.

If I could I'd heat up the entire chamber @ 150C and try 195C to see of that warps. Can't do it with my gear though.

Feel free to email me at jahearn@sbcglobal.net

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    POM is an engineering plastic so very high grade with superior mechanical properties. It is strong and lightweight without being brittle, it is not prone to weathering degradation and used in high-performance applications such as motorcycle gears.
    If you can 3D print this it will open up new applications - how strong are the parts you get out of the printer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12