Close

T08A2 tank from Ghost In The Shell

T08A2 is a 3D printed mechanised hexapod. It is a scale model of a spider tank from Ghost In The Shell movie.

It took roughly ~250 hours of printing time... and probably even more time for polishing using acetone, sand paper, files and putty. It is actuated by 28 servos and driven by 2 Raspberry Pi micro controllers with custom software for locomotion and animation. It has two lasers (seriously, how can you have a robot with lazors?!!! It can be controlled by PS3 joystick, but it has some autonomy as well - it can track and follow faces.

If anyone is interested there is a full story about making of the robot here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?10701-Hexapod-robot-T08A2-R3000-spider-lightweight-tank-(from-GITS

You can find more photos, videos and info at http://gits-tank.com

Technician
    Follow yoda3d On Twitter Add yoda3d on Facebook Add yoda3d on Google+ Add yoda3d on Thingiverse
    beautiful project,this robot is impressive

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    there's a man with a Lot of spare time.
    Amazing bit of kit - love the spinning laser canons.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    That looks amazing! I was expecting to be able to see some of the give away signs that this is 3D printed but I cannot find any.

I particularly love the weathering you have applied to it.

Regards,
    www.3dexfilament.co.uk - Black Friday Sales Now On

My inner-otaku approves! Looks smooth af and your weathering skills in your post-print suggests some time with a brush in your existence. I may not understand a lot of the robotics, but this must have been a pain in the @$$. Good work!

Wow! this is just incredible work. Awesome job dude, congrats!

love this robot design

One of the coolest things I have seen printed. I wish I had the skills to finish a product that way