Close

Perfactory Micro Advantage 3D Printer Unveiled

This week Envisiontech unveiled yet another 3D printer. This new device is catered towards the jewelry market, and is very accurate in its prints:

http://3dprint.com/1574/perfactory-m...elry-printing/

The Perfactory Micro Adantage will set you back about $10,000, and is available immediately. It includes many key features such as auto calibration, direct USB connections and more.

I think this is a bit too pricey. Does it print in any metal or just some?

Staff Engineer
    It doesn't print in any metals. It prints in a resin material that can be burned out in a variation of the "lost wax" process that jewelers use to make molds which can be filled with metal. The B9 Creator does the same thing, for about half the price.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Banned
    Yes, I explored these types of printers before. These are not 3d printing the jewelry, but instead 3d printing the molds for them and then allowing the creator to pour the molten metals into the molds. At least that's how it was explained to me. $10k is pricey indeed, but I think this is meant more for business's then etsy hobbyists.

Technician
    People are already doing this with several printers. Not sure why this one is so expensive. Perhaps we are missing something here?