Close

E3D installed in an unknown printer

Hello

I have a Joysmaker R2 (it's a chinese copy of the ultimaker original but with heated bed and display with controller, and I changed the hotend to the E3D (on this link http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultim...596673914.html) that uses the 104gt-2 thermistor (number 5 in marlin's list). My pcb had to be replaced too, I installed an ultimaker 1.5.7 pcb.
    My problem is that the original hotend used a thermocouple and the E3D used a thermistor, now it is showing max temp error because the nozzle temp is showing about 500 celsius, but it is working because if I heat or cool it manually the temperature in the display changes accordingly. So I came to the conclusion that this is a firmware setting problem, but how and where can I change this setting? The only firmware the seller's website is the cura instalation that comes with the .HEX file which I can not edit.
    I found a website that builds the firmware if I have all the configuration data and specifications, but I dont know where to find this info. I tried to Build one anyways using default configuration and used the 104gt-2, then when I flash it the printer reboots showing the right temperature but then the software in the printer freezes and I cant do anything.

Any ideas?

It is part of the Open Source license agreement that the vendor provide the source code for the machines they sell that use Marlin. My guess is they have it posted somewhere. For sure other users have made changes and needed the source to do that.

I solved the problem, I found a modified marlin firmware that worked in my printer then I modified it. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It is part of the Open Source license agreement that the vendor provide the source code for the machines they sell that use Marlin. My guess is they have it posted somewhere. For sure other users have made changes and needed the source to do that.