Close

Hyrel3d at Rapid 2016

Yay! First post...I took a tour of Hyrel's 3d printer manufacturing facilities in Georgia recently, and they were telling me about being at Rapid (They're one of the exhibitors)! I had used their printers before and wanted to see more about the business...

As an aside, for those of you that don't know Hyrel printers, they're kind of neat! With the different heads the company makes, you can print an incredible variety of materials! These printers are incredibly modular and can use up to 4 heads at once to mix and match colors and materials. More info here: http://www.hyrel3d.com

It should be interesting because Hyrel will be bringing their brand new printer, which has a build volume of 600x400x275mm (23x16x11in-ish)! It was incredible to see their newest printer at their manufacturing facility because I got some hands-on experience with it! They had me push down on the build platform with a significant amount of force, and it was still able to raise and lower itself, which was incredible! According to the folks at Hyrel, the build platform can support 100 pounds, which, coming from using other printers like Up Minis and Afinias was impressive to me!

Here's a pic of their new printer!
    hyrelPrinter.jpg

I've definitely enjoyed using their printers so far, so this should be interesting to see how this new one does! They put out a youtube video with more info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoHRC9m5nlQ

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Thanks! RAPID was great, and it was amazing how many people recognized Karl from all his videos and broadcasts.

I finally got to meet many folks I've skyped with in person - from universities, from government facilities, and from the private sector. Even someone who backed us for $1 on kickstarter and wanted to let us know that he is still a fan!