Close

Technologist

Any thoughts regarding anti-z-wobble solutions...???

Does anybody have experience with any of the anti-z-wobble solutions for the i3v?

Things like: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:795954

I find myself wondering, given what seems the rather limited engagement a z nut has with a z rod, that even two of them have limited mechanical stabilizing ability.

If I were to try it, it seems to be that I would want to use one of the "with spring" solutions, not only to help insure the bottom nut stays in place, but perhaps to promote positive engagement of both the top and bottom nuts..., limiting potential for rocking within the nut-well, better resisting the rocking forces applied by the rods.

Just trying to get a feel if this one is worth it..., since it requires fairly complete disassembly of the X-carriage et al for installation.

Thoughts?

Engineer-in-Training
    I use what you linked above with the spring on my IV3 and there is no backlash.

Technologist
    OK. If I can find suitable springs and figure out the minimal disassembly required, I'll give it a go. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    I use what you linked above with the spring on my IV3 and there is no backlash.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    OK. If I can find suitable springs and figure out the minimal disassembly required, I'll give it a go. Thx!
    I bought some 2" springs at Ace Hardware for mine. Perfectly holds the two nuts in place and Z Wobble is totally gone now.