Close

Best "New" 3D Printer in 1-2k USD Range?

So I am in the market for a good 3D printer that will be used mainly for printing lots of cases for products I produce, so build speed, area, and reliability is what i need the most. Im a hardware/softawre engineer myself and have played around with some cheaper 3D printers before so I'm not new to this area, and definitely don't have any problem with tinkering or building kits.

Main reason I'm asking here is because I'm having issues picking between some older, but tried and true models, and newer/ more advanced models. Im having trouble justifying spending 1K plus on a 4+ year old printer even though its good and works, but as the same rate some of the newer printers coming out are rather cheap looking more catered towards mass consumers.

Anyway this is my list (in no particular order) that I have whittled down too...what do you guys think the best overall printer is from his list?

-Makergear M2
    -MendleMax 3
    -ROSTOCK MAX V2
    -BigBox Pro v1.1

Im personally leaning towards the big box since its a new printer, has great reviews, huge build area...the only thing that sucks is that 8 week wait time, and the reason I'm holding back right now.

Engineer-in-Training
    The plywood frame would turn me off of the big-box.

Personally the FDM technology has been stalled for a couple years now, so I think you're better off with tried and true (ultimaker/flashforge, etc.) than buying something that is less common in the market.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    jstefanop,

Our unenclosed Engine is available for $2000 with one basic head right now ($2500 list), plus shipping.

Please PM me if you'd like a skype/teamviewer session with no obligation.

Davo

Student
    I just read this by Stan Baldwin maybe it would give you some insight on what to look for? https://3dprinterchat.com/2016/05/ho...e-3d-printers/

Have you considered a Makerfarm Pegasus 12"?
    It's all extrusion 20x40 frame, 11.5x12x13 build capacity, heated bed, LCD display, etc... for just about $1K.
    I purchased mine with dual E3D V6 hot ends and it showed up yesterday (ordered 05/26/16, rcvd 06/01/16). It is not offered with the Titan extruder though (yet).
    I did look at the M2 and Bigbox myself but I ended up going with the Makerfarm after a few email exchange with them. I was surprised at how quick they were to get back to me to all my stupid questions without even having bought the printer yet.
    One of my friend runs the 10" version and has had very successful operation so far.
    It's pretty much an open build type printer so reliability shouldn't be a problem, and 3dprintboard has its own dedicated forum to the brand so it's already a good thing.