I have a Folgertech Prusa i3, on a Ramps 1.4 with Marlin and I use Repetier-Host to control it. I am attempting to convert it to a dual extruder Bowden setup, and I can't seem to get the second extruder to work, although the first works just fine.

This is my problem:

I am not getting a reading in Repetier-Host for the thermistor of the second extruder. It is at a constant 100C.
When I turn on the cartridge heater for the second extruder in Repetier-Host, the cartridge heater does not heat up.

This is what I have done:

For the second extruder, I connected the wires from the thermistor to the pins for T2 and the wires for the cartridge heater to D9.
I have not updated anything in the Marlin firmware.
In Repetier-Host, I selected that there are two extruders, and a second extruder is indicated under the 'manual controls' tab.

This is what I have double checked:

I confirmed the second thermistor works because it indicates a proper temperature reading when plugging it in both T0 and T1.
I confirmed the second cartridge heater works because it heats up when connected to D10.

I apologize in advance if this is an amateur question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. If somebody could at least point me in the right direction, or let me know if there is something I did not include in my post, I would really appreciate it, and hopefully it would help somebody else coming across a similar problem.

Thanks