Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy here

Wooooo.... so, i was off and printing last night, everything was going great until last night. Trying my hand at printing PLA vs ABS. i knew everything would be different but, i wasnt aware that it was this much of a pain in my rear......

in other news, i think I might have killed another servo. The guy I got the printer from, didnt run the servo direct off of the Ramps 1.4 . he said it wasnt workign right. So, he has it running 12v thru a DC-DC converter to 5v.

its always had this weird jitter to the servo but, i took it as noise in the wires. last servo basically refused to move unless provoked after sending the commands. This new servo, worked great for a few weeks until last night. Went to move and it yelled at me. it shreeked as it was trying to move downward to show zero as the z axis went crashing into the bed. Im assuming the RAMPS board might be bad since the guy I got it from said it might be bad or are known to go bad.

I do have a RUMBA board also. he didnt use it with the Makerfarm kit because he said he didnt like it.

I am also moving on from using the servo to take that out of the equation all together by getting a capacitive sensor to hang off the side of the carriage. That way, once I have it set, I'll never need to touch that aspect again.

LJC18A3-B-Z / AY and 15k and 10k ohm resistors are on the way.

Resistors are on the way! It wont be long now. lol

Resistors have arrived and, the sensors should be here tomorrow! Pretty stoked. My friend was talking about wanting to do the same thing to his TAZ 5 printer so, i ordered the parts for his too and, will let him science mine and his.

Sensor is here, resistors are wired, 15k and 10k as denoted on many videos, Brown is wired to the 12v power and the resistors are a voltage divider. The black and blue wires are wired accordingly, using the enstop plug on the Ramps 1.4 where its supposed to be. The snesor trips when it senses the bed however, the Z axis does not stop. I tried inverting the enstop info in Marlin but, still doesnt seem to see the endstop being triggered.

I finally got it working. Black wire from probe goes to the first pin on the plug. Now, i need to find out how to disable the probe after leveling...... Other wise, the print will not start at the desired height.

Decided to just adjust the sensor sensitivity to where its right at the height I want to start printing. If anyone has suggestions firmware wise, Im all eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12