I received my Fisher parts the other day and got to printing straight away. I printed the Purple and Yellow Fishers from the Red Fisher. The dimensional accuracy is superb and all printed at rediculous speeds (100ms feed and 250ms travel) That's the reason I tried so hard to get more before the parts are unavailable. You can get the DXF files however and source all the parts yourself, but for the money a kit is so worth it. Australian, about $500 per machine.

I decided to stack them and run them vertically - they have no backlash or wobble and are very very light machines, so this proves to be no problem and they all print fine with the stacking.

The downside, so far I can only control one HTML interface at a time, as you connect directly to the IP address, so I will probably give them individual control panels with a raspberry pi and screens each soon.

I will get them all printing something really difficult and film them printing in the stack. I could probably add one more to the height but it would create too much weight on the bottom machine. It's going so well, I'm tempted to order 3 x more fishers and stack another 3 next to it for a 6 printer dual tower.

Print dimensions on these are 150mmx150mmx150mm, so no they are not massive machines but when you have 3 you can cut your parts down and print them even faster then trying to print one gigantic object.

I built the purple and yellow on the same day to make it easier (so much faster to do everything twice as you are doing it) and had both machines built and printing in about 5 hours. Started at 8am, finished at 1:30pm with a coffee.

The Red kit is the Beta I got back in July last year, the new ones are the upgraded kits, alot of improvements especially the geared extruders.

image1.jpg
image2.jpg

image3.jpg