Close

Source for mk10 heater block?

I have purchased an all metal hot end from Micro Swiss, it looked correct at the time as my CTC has the smooth neck which is held in place with a grub screw in the aluminium mounting bar.

As I'm sure you all know, the Micro Swiss hot end uses an M7 nozzle thread instead of the M6 which most use. I have bored the mounting hole in the upper aluminium bar from 6mm to 8mm and now the upper part of the hot end fits nicely. But I now need a new heater block with the correct M7 thread so that I can use this hot end.

Does anyone know of a source for a mk10 heater block with the correct M7 thread?

Thanks.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug2k16 View Post
    I have purchased an all metal hot end from Micro Swiss, it looked correct at the time as my CTC has the smooth neck which is held in place with a grub screw in the aluminium mounting bar.

As I'm sure you all know, the Micro Swiss hot end uses an M7 nozzle thread instead of the M6 which most use. I have bored the mounting hole in the upper aluminium bar from 6mm to 8mm and now the upper part of the hot end fits nicely. But I now need a new heater block with the correct M7 thread so that I can use this hot end.

Does anyone know of a source for a mk10 heater block with the correct M7 thread?

Thanks.
    I've used these from Qidi Tech with the Micro Swiss all metal hot end for a MK10 style extruder on my CTC.
    Be aware that there Thermal couples may have a different thread size then normal.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331747088485...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    But there matching Thermal couples are pretty cheap
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331606079998...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Perfect, thanks.

Looks like a long 2-3week delivery wait to get the printer running again!

Perfect, thanks.

Looks like a long 2-3week delivery wait to get the printer running again!
    I'm in Nebraska and usually get my orders from them in around 10 days.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    These are made specifically for the microswiss conversion.

http://store.wmdproducts.com/index.p...&product_id=66

Thanks.

Thanks for the link!

The Qidi blocks just arrived with the matching mounting bar. The Qidi bar looks to either have the nozzle height adjustment grub screw on the back side or if placed the other way around have the nozzles mounting further back. There doesn't look to be as much room with their own thermocouples as they stick straight out rather than folding around the block as they do on the CTC.

I'll have a play over the weekend and see which orientation fits best.

Thanks for the link!

The Qidi blocks just arrived with the matching mounting bar. The Qidi bar looks to either have the nozzle height adjustment grub screw on the back side or if placed the other way around have the nozzles mounting further back. There doesn't look to be as much room with their own thermocouples as they stick straight out rather than folding around the block as they do on the CTC.

I'll have a play over the weekend and see which orientation fits best.
    The grub screw goes into backside of the coldblock just like a Flashforge. The thermocouple screws into the backside of the hotblock.
    Carefully bend the thermocouple leads up between the extruders. I use all Qidi extruder parts on my CTC and it works great.
    Although I made it a single extruder with a Qidi's downward blowing cooling fan.

Thanks.

All back together and printing perfectly. No longer have to worry about that PTFE tube blocking/clogging.