Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Continuing with the thread hijack...

Lakester, what do you use for a print cooler? It could be that you need one with a bit more oomph to it. So many of the ones with a shroud in front of an axial fan just don't provide all that much airflow. Backpressure from the shroud just causes air to leak past the edges of the fan blades.

But yeah, use of a print cooler is certainly one of those YMMV things.
    Last edited by printbus; 04-22-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Technologist
    I use the extended version of the clough42 shroud combined with a not commonly used (but easy to install) HE fan shroud that assists with reversing the HE cooling flow from the stock setup.

Hopefully..., the pic has uploaded correctly...

20150609_151651.jpg

One other comment: yah..., the exit end of the shroud is some distance from the nozzle..., but it seems to be fairly effective in that turning on the fan at 100% causes an almost immediate 6C drop in HE temp...., which the system eventually compensates for. Heh..., since I don't like to leave the HE just cooking the filament at the end of a print job, my post-job gcode turns the fan on to accelerate HE cooling. Very effective!

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Continuing with the thread hijack...

Lakester, what do you use for a print cooler? It could be that you need one with a bit more oomph to it. So many of the ones with a shroud in front of an axial fan just don't provide all that much airflow. Backpressure from the shroud just causes air to leak past the edges of the fan blades.

But yeah, use of a print cooler is certainly one of those YMMV things.
    Last edited by lakester; 04-22-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12