Close

Engineer-in-Training

Bypassing the built in relay.

The Pegasus kit now comes with the heat relay built into the heated bed. However, I would rather us a solid state relay and wanted to know if anyone has bypassed the built in relay.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Yes, the switch contacts on the built-in relay have been jumpered across by at least a few users. You can remove or just not connect the wires to the relay coil that would normally go to the RAMPS/RUMBA/etc electronics.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Yes, the switch contacts on the built-in relay have been jumpered across by at least a few users. You can remove or just not connect the wires to the relay coil that would normally go to the RAMPS/RUMBA/etc electronics.
    I thought I saw it somewhere on here before thanks for the confirmation. So just removing the wires that connect to the electronics would work? Or do I have to jumper two connections?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    ... So just removing the wires that connect to the electronics would work? Or do I have to jumper two connections?
    Yep, you can just remove them. Those wires would be the way the electronics would energize the relay coil to close the switch contacts. By jumpering across the switch contacts you no longer need to energize the relay coil, so the wires aren't needed. No need to jumper across the coil connections.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Yep, you can just remove them. Those wires would be the way the electronics would energize the relay coil to close the switch contacts. By jumpering across the switch contacts you no longer need to energize the relay coil, so the wires aren't needed. No need to jumper across the coil connections.
    Perfect, thanks for your knowledge!