Close

Engineer

Cant connect to Rumba

Im running a Rumba board, I cannot seem to connect to Simplify3d machine control to the board. I have no issues connecting via usb from the Arduino IDE and the board shows up properly on Com3 on windows 10 64.

When i try to connect using simplify3d machine control on com3 it doesnt connect. I have tried all baud rates, tried other cables. but it flashes firmware fine. so that should make any difference.
    also doesnt work with Printrun interface

Running marlin 1.1 RC4

Technologist
    Since you're running with a Windows machine, perhaps my comments don't apply, but...

I use Pronterface on OS/X, and I have a RUMBA. Also like you, Arduino worked fine going from Mac to RUMBA. And like you..., I couldn't get Pronterface to talk to the RUMBA. Baud settings on the Mac side made no difference.

So..., I set the baud on the firmware side, in Configuration.h:

#define BAUDRATE 115200

re-installed the firmware, and Pronterface has worked ever since.

HTH.

Engineer
    i had mine originally set to 115200 already.
    also tried on a 2nd machine. and same issue.. using simplify3d or pronterface.. cant connect

Engineer
    Ok so i tried Repetier and it installed fine and I am able to connect fine with simplify 3d
    reinstalled a fresh version of Marlin 1.1 RC3, same issue as RC4 & RC5 cant connect
    I notice that when i try to connect with simplify3d the rumba resets.
    if i turn off the startup command in simplify3d i am able to connect but it doesnt respond to GCode commands

Engineer
    finally figured out the problem. in Marlin I had set the Serial Port to 3 thinking it was the same thing as the com port for my computer.
    Once i switched it back to its defauly 0, it connected fine.