Close

ctc extruder wiring help

hello

i just bought ahouse at auction a couple of weeks ago and there was a ctc printer in the 'study/office room' that came with the sale. I have been reading as much info as possible before my first print to try to educate myself

i have a bit of a weird problem. the printer came with extruders that look like $_57 (1).jpgbut for some reason the wires were not attached to the mighty board. It looks like the owner was trying to upgrade to mk9 extruders. ive been looking at wiring diagrams for the mighty board online and trying to find labelled annotated diagrams of the extruder but for some reason there arent any for the extruder, although there are ones for the mightyboard

my question is which wire here is the thermocopuple and which ones are the heater wires? from my reading it looks that the thicker wires with the red sleeving is the thermocouple and the thinner wires with the clear sleeving is the heater wire. Or have i got this wrong? sorry about the newbie questions. The wiring for the fans are pretty straight forward.

if there is a guide on wiring the extruders then please let me know. I am quite familiar with electronics but have not seen this printer before. i am fully prepared for it not to work however seeing as it was left in the house!

thanks

Senior Engineer
    The heater is the one with red ends that are thicker.
    The thermocouple are the white wires with the black plug
    The stepper is the 4 wire loom
    The fan is the plug with black and red wires.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ozley View Post
    hello

i just bought ahouse at auction a couple of weeks ago and there was a ctc printer in the 'study/office room' that came with the sale. I have been reading as much info as possible before my first print to try to educate myself

i have a bit of a weird problem. the printer came with extruders that look like $_57 (1).jpgbut for some reason the wires were not attached to the mighty board. It looks like the owner was trying to upgrade to mk9 extruders. ive been looking at wiring diagrams for the mighty board online and trying to find labelled annotated diagrams of the extruder but for some reason there arent any for the extruder, although there are ones for the mightyboard

my question is which wire here is the thermocopuple and which ones are the heater wires? from my reading it looks that the thicker wires with the red sleeving is the thermocouple and the thinner wires with the clear sleeving is the heater wire. Or have i got this wrong? sorry about the newbie questions. The wiring for the fans are pretty straight forward.

if there is a guide on wiring the extruders then please let me know. I am quite familiar with electronics but have not seen this printer before. i am fully prepared for it not to work however seeing as it was left in the house!

thanks
    Also note the Heater cartdridge and Thermistor are not polarised, they can be plugged in anyway.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com