Close

Amazon Enters 3D Printing

Some pretty big news here for the 3D printing industry. Today amazon.com announced that they will now offer 3D printed products to consumers.

http://3dprint.com/1461/amazon-3d-printing-3dlt/

They have teamed with 3DLT and soon 4 other companies to offer 3D printing on demand to their customers. So far 3dlt has listed 50 products at their marketplace and plans on adding to this number over the next few weeks.

Banned
    This is awesome news for the industry as a whole. More mainstream recognition for sure. Amazon is not one of those companies which sit back and watch as they miss a trend. There is good reason they are getting involved right now. I will say that some of the prices for those products listed don't exactly make me want to buy them. When 3D printed items are just as cheap as their non 3D printed counterpart that's when the buying will begin.

Can't any company sell 3D printed merchandise on Amazon? I don't understand why there is such a big deal being made about this. They simply got a vendor that is selling 3D printed stuff. Anyone could have done this at any point in time. I could sell 3D printed stuff on there if I wanted to.