Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Technologist

Makerfarm new 12 pegasus out now.

http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/12-pegasus-kit.html.

Am waiting for a upgrade kit for my makerfarm i3v 12in. It looks sturdy.2-1.jpg5.jpg4-1.jpg
    Last edited by rhonal89; 03-30-2016 at 10:31 AM.

I'm actually impressed with this kit... I wish it was the first printer i had bought... he fixed probably 99% of the issues that the original 12" had, the biggest being the wooden Y carriage that warped uncontrollably when at temp... though I will say a 12V 30A power supply is barely enough for the printer. The bed alone needs a 12V 30A power supply and a 20A powersupply for the hotend and electronics if you want the bed to heat in under 45 min to ABS temps...

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    I'm actually impressed with this kit... I wish it was the first printer i had bought... he fixed probably 99% of the issues that the original 12" had, the biggest being the wooden Y carriage that warped uncontrollably when at temp... though I will say a 12V 30A power supply is barely enough for the printer. The bed alone needs a 12V 30A power supply and a 20A powersupply for the hotend and electronics if you want the bed to heat in under 45 min to ABS temps...
    I use a 12V 30A PSU and it powers my 12" just fine. I will be purchasing this printer soon, I have been waiting all month for this release.

Im not saying you cant, im saying if you want faster hed heat times.

Technologist
    I just finished recording a video between my 12in and my flashforge creator pro heatup time. Both extruder and heatbed on both. It took my 12in 3minutes and 30sec or less to heat complete both extruder and heatbed to abs temp and my flashforge creator pro took 9 minutes to heat complete to abs temp. Ill post a video soon. With a 12v 30A power supply on my makerfarm.

Engineer-in-Training
    Im not saying you cant, im saying if you want faster hed heat times.
    It takes about 2 minutes to heat up to 60*c for me. Order just placed for the new 12" Pegasus!

Technologist
    Wait for the deluxe version. It will cost the same. You will get a better looking printer. Unless he decides to sell the acrylic cover in the future separate than order it now.

From makerfarm site. It should not be any longer before is out.

The Deluxe Kit Option will just be an additional kit which can be purchased at any time once released. The Deluxe Kit will be the same price as the Basic kit and Deluxe Upgrade kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    It takes about 2 minutes to heat up to 60*c for me. Order just placed for the new 12" Pegasus!

My drafty house was probably to blame... Or he did different pcb heaters... It took 45 min to 100c. With onky 1 power.supply and 30 when i gave it its own...but i also had one of the earliest 12" pri ter kits he made.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rhonal89 View Post
    Wait for the deluxe version. It will cost the same. You will get a better looking printer. Unless he decides to sell the acrylic cover in the future separate than order it now.

From makerfarm site. It should not be any longer before is out.

The Deluxe Kit Option will just be an additional kit which can be purchased at any time once released. The Deluxe Kit will be the same price as the Basic kit and Deluxe Upgrade kit.
    Thanks for the heads up I just emailed Colin as it does not make sense to make the Deluxe and basic kit the same price.

Technologist
    I order my kit around the same time you did 2014 we both join the forum in the same month. Maybe the power supply was to blame. I bought this one http://openbuildspartstore.com/12v-30a-power-supply/

My abs temp I set were 230 for both extruder and 110 for bed.

My drafty house was probably to blame... Or he did different pcb heaters... It took 45 min to 100c. With onky 1 power.supply and 30 when i gave it its own...but i also had one of the earliest 12" pri ter kits he made.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast