Close

Just bought a Wanhao Duplicator V1-Any tips/pointers?

Hi all,

New to the forum and 3D printing. Just bought a secondhand Wanhao V1. Setting it up now, and using the Wiki page for instructions. Does anyone have any other tips/things to check etc? Hopefully will get a print done later and show it on here.

Cheers,

Matt

OK, quick question time...

The upper x rail - should this be bolted in? Mine is loose and can be pulled out of the holes in the frame. Is there a grub screw on this rail-like the one below it. If there is-is there a way to access it other than take the frame to pieces?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hi matt, I don't own one of these but have built a Prusa before, and no nothing should be loose at all. Nothing should wobble in a 3D printer at all, not motors, not carriages, not belts etc.. everything should be pretty tight.

If you have that grey metal one, I can't imagine you need to do too much, I did see somewhere they are shipped without the carriage attached, did you have to put yours on when you bought it?
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Cheers Geoff. Sorted it eventually, both rods have grub screws but the top rail screw are an absolute sod to see, access and adjust. Think I may raise it with winhao. The next model just needs a few holes drilling in frame so that you can do this easily. Printed a cookie cutter and all seems good. I had a few issues getting print to stick to bed initially. But printer came with some print bed spray and this worked. I think this spray is just re-badged hairspray, smells exactly the same!