Close

Building My 2nd Printer and Need HELP

First while trying to fit the shield on the Mega I slipped and gouged the RAMPS board. There is a picture below, I'm not sure if it is usable.

Also, it came with these connectors that I do not understand at all. There is no obvious way to attach wires and on top of that it doesn't look like they separate the terminals... So I am dead in the water until I figure those out because I cannot plug anything into the board without connectors. Plus I am not sure if the board is okay..

Any and all help is appreciated,

Nick

image1 [3603755].jpgimage1 [3603748].jpg

Senior Engineer
    The board will be fine like that. The "connector" is not a connector, it is a jumper. Under the stepper driver on the RAMPS board there are places to install jumpers that allow you to set the number of micro steps you want, those jumpers fit over pairs of pins.

Okay that makes much more sense, thank you. So today I plugged in the power supply, just like I did yesterday, and it fried something. I have no idea why, I literally did the exact same thing yesterday with no problems. So any ideas on how I determine what fried? I was able to upload firmware to the Mega without the shield and have both the green and orange LEDs on. I am hoping that is okay. I assume the RAMPs shield is what smoked, but I cant be sure. Is there any way to test the stepper drivers? I don't think they were affected, but they were plugged into the board.