Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    like I said it's cheaper to buy an oversized piece and cut it yourself into two beds. I need to work out soe sort of temporary clip system for the knp.
    Cut is the wrong word.
    You just score it with a knife and then snap it - working in from the edges to the centre.

Agreed and they are cutting two for me for the QIDI.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    like I said it's cheaper to buy an oversized piece and cut it yourself into two beds. I need to work out soe sort of temporary clip system for the knp.
    Cut is the wrong word.
    You just score it with a knife and then snap it - working in from the edges to the centre.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Grr now there is no PrintBite for me.
    They stopped communicating.
    I will try a different vendor.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

you tried these guys: https://flex3drive.com/printbite/

Don't know of any suppliers in the states.
    Although looking at their list of materials they claim will work on printbite, there are some there that absolutely do not work.

PrintBite supports printing of the following materials on a clean hot level bed without substrates

• PLA (including CF, metalised and other additive formulas)
    • ABS (including CF, metalised and other additive formulas)
    • Nylon (Taulman range and others including PCTPE)
    • Woodlay and stone/copper filaments
    • Flexibles such as NinjaFlex and Filaflex
    • PET filaments
    • PVA support filament
    • HIPS
    • TPU
    • Polycarbonate
    • TGlasse
    polycarbonate - nope, not a chance, nada, nix does not stick at all. Ninjaflex -well yes it sticks, but try getting it off. Not recommended. Pva is the best print surface for tpu's.
    Nylon, yes - kind of. But under no circumstances shold you attempt to print Mymat nylon on printbite. Just don't :-) Use pva and it's perfect.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-23-2016 at 06:19 AM.

This was the site that was going to do it for me.
    I woke up to an email from him and stating the site was updated and he could get me set. I am ordering it now.
    I will be ordering the 500x500 and having it cut to two pieces for the QIDI.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you tried these guys: https://flex3drive.com/printbite/

Don't know of any suppliers in the states.
    Although looking at their list of materials they claim will work on printbite, there are some there that absolutely do not work.

polycarbonate - nope, not a chance, nada, nix does not stick at all. Ninjaflex -well yes it sticks, but try getting it off. Not recommended. Pva is the best print surface for tpu's.
    Nylon, yes - kind of. But under no circumstances shold you attempt to print Mymat nylon on printbite. Just don't :-) Use pva and it's perfect.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    This was the site that was going to do it for me.
    I woke up to an email from him and stating the site was updated and he could get me set. I am ordering it now.
    I will be ordering the 500x500 and having it cut to two pieces for the QIDI.
    Thanks again.
    Did your order for printbite go through with the flex3drive folks? When do you expect to receive it?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    How should I clean the Printbite surface? I leveled the bed a few times and it appeared to work better. Curious Aardvark, what machine and slicer do you have?
    The printbite is installed on abog standard (well slight modification) flashforge creator x. My slicer of choice if simplify3d - for dual material and tpu prints I also have a klick-n-print machine. Essentially an unenclosed crerator pro. I still use pva stick on that and use it mostly for flexible prints and dual extrusion.
    At some point if i do more printing I'll set it up with a removeable printbite bed.

So my PrintBite arrived this week. I just installed tonight.
    It is printing the first print right now. Some CableChain chain units. So far one has popped off. The other 3 look ok at 33% done. I will let it run through.

Thanks to cncartist for a great removal video for the blue sticker the QIDI dual extruder ships with. It made for a super easy installation.

I will post the ending pics as well when done in a couple hours.

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Just a note for anyone looking for PrintBite.
    I got it here at https://flex3drive.com/, I cannot say enough how good their service was. There was a bit of an issue as I ordered a single huge sheet and asked for it to be cut into two sections for two for the QIDI printer. It was just an email thing were they were at conferences and busy launching their new site. They quickly got me set once they were ready and got it right to me. They have been great.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

And 4 of four have lifted.
    I leveled the bed cold and then hot and hot extruders when I first installed. I am sure it may need a bit more adjustment.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast