Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Question I need new MightyBoard (suggestion)

I see them online (eBay) for fairly cheap, does anyone have a suggestion as to where to pick one up? Or should I try my luck on eBay?

I've got a CTC Dual, originally purchased on eBay, and I'm looking for a drop in replacement. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by TiredJuan; 03-13-2016 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Fixing typos

Quote Originally Posted by TiredJuan View Post
    I see them online (eBay) for fairly cheap, does anyone have a suggestion as to where to pick one up? Or should I try my luck on eBay?

I've got a CTC Dual, originally purchased on eBay, and I'm looking for a drop in replacement. Any help would be appreciated.
    I've read that most Mightyboards sold on eBay have a different Power-switch connection method,
    so if you can not find exact type needed at a good price,
    you can use the other type by modifying back-panel of printer-case or removing the installed switch on board.

Other than power-switch, I think all other connections are the Same.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 03-13-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Student
    Sounds good, thank you. Any modifications I do before adding a fresh board?

Quote Originally Posted by TiredJuan View Post
    Sounds good, thank you. Any modifications I do before adding a fresh board?
    Did the original board Fail ??
    If so, have you determined what caused it to Fail ?
    You would not want to damage the new board if problem is with something else and has not been corrected,
    such as a bad power-supply or shorted wires somewhere ?

Student
    It did, and I've determined the cause, it was (mostly) my fault.

Here's the Mightyboard that I saw available at eBay:
    (The switch at upper-right corner will need to be moved or removed)

mightyboard 1.jpg
    Click pic for larger view

I think the SD-card connector may be different Also ?
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 03-13-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    dunno about ctc but that's quite different to the one for my flashforge. you'd have to move the usb.
    Mind you the advantage of a plywood case is that it's real easy to cut new holes :-)

No idea how he did it but, my mate moved the on/off switch to the front of my machine (I cut the hole and had a spare switch - he wired it all up)
    And that's probably the best mod you can do :-)

So while you're messing about - stick the switch on the front.
    Looks like you'd just need to cut the existing connections solder some wires to them and jusr run those round to the front of the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    dunno about ctc but that's quite different to the one for my flashforge. you'd have to move the usb.
    Mind you the advantage of a plywood case is that it's real easy to cut new holes :-)

No idea how he did it but, my mate moved the on/off switch to the front of my machine (I cut the hole and had a spare switch - he wired it all up)

Looks like you'd just need to cut the existing connections solder some wires to them and jusr run those round to the front of the machine.
    I prefer to use an external Power-Strip, with Switch, breaker and surge-protector,
    to control all AC devices at printer, including printer's PSU.
    (such as added Fans and lights)
    That way Everything is controlled by One Switch and there's No ware on internal switch.
    And Easy access to power-strip Switch.

power-strip.jpg
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 03-14-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

This is a good idea. Having my niece and nephew in the house occasionally, I think I'll put one of those keyed switches on it, but I'll definitely be moving it to the front.

TiredJuan,

May I ask where you purchased your new AT2560 board?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast