Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Technician

New CTC printer came broken

So I finally decided to get a 3D printer. After reading a lot of good reviews, and seeing how well my friends CTC printer worked, I decided to get one. I spent 800 dollars on the newest CTC Bizer III printer with the touch screen from Ebay, and this thing came with the frame all bent up, scratched and dinged up build plate, cracked acrylic front face plate, dirty, clogged up nozzles with one of them actually bent, broken stepper motor, and a bunch of missing screws and accessories. This was clearly an old broken used machine they sent me as new.

I contacted them before I had fully unpacked it and tried to use it, and they refunded me 30 dollars for the missing parts, and cracked acrylic face plate, but after trying to set it up and use it, I found all these other problems. I started a return request on Ebay, but opened it with the wrong reason stated, so I closed it thinking I could reopen it with the correct reason stated. I found out the hard way, that now that I closed the request, I can't reopen one and make them refund me for anything. I've been using Ebay for years, and never knew this.

So now that I'm stuck with this cheap Chinese junk, I guess I'll have to see if I can get this thing working.

Can anyone tell me how much of a problem this will be? The nozzle is actually bent, as you can see in this picture.

The x-axis stepper motor just vibrates and doesn't really move. It will randomly move in either direction sometimes. You can see what it does in this linked video.

http://www.gyg.cc/images/pics/ctcbiz...227_061547.mp4

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dspdrew; 02-27-2016 at 02:26 PM. Reason: link code screwed up

You could open a PayPal dispute, and request a refund that way.

Technician
    That's what I plan to try next.

Technician
    A little update to my problem. By isolating each part of the circuit, I found the problem to be the cable. I'm just not sure what exactly is wrong with the cable. If it was shorted, like it seems, I wouldn't think that it would only show this short-like behavior when plugged in to the controller.
    Last edited by dspdrew; 02-28-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Technician
    I'm fairly certain that once you open/close a case within eBay, you won't be able to do one within PayPal, unfortunately. You could try contacting the seller directly and tell them the issue, or call eBay and see what can be done about re-opening a case.

Technician
    I already talked to eBay and there was nothing they could do. They were the ones that recommended I try to take care of it through PayPal. If I could get working parts, I really would rather just keep the thing than hassle with returning it. I came here in hopes that someone might have some experience with these printers, and might be able to help me with some of these technical issues. I really just gave the background story to avoid explaining it over and over.

If the bent Guide-tube is the same size and length as the original CTC-Bizer,
    and it appears to be, then they too can be purchased on eBay, at low cost.
    ( There is also an All-thread tube Makerbot design, that fits and works great,
    which is what I now have in our CTC-Bizer )

Do Not get the type with Teflon insert, if possible, they can cause Problems !
    (inserts get Loose after extended use)

Here's link to first one I found, that is same as we use,
    check for length and size :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barrel-M6-26...4AKlcNzDdaUSjw

Note: Makerbot parts will usually fit CTC printers
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 02-28-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Technician
    Oh wow that is inexpensive. These Bizer III's are supposed to be basically the same printer, just with a metal frame instead of wood, and the touch screen of course. The tubes mine have are larger inside, and have that PTFE tube insert. If I get that one you linked, would that eliminate the need for that insert? If so, what was the point of using the one with the insert in the first place? Is it for lower friction?

BTW, I finally found and fixed the problem with one of the stepper motors. They ran the wires over the circuit board with the SD card slot, and the sharp metal had shaved the insulation off the orange stepper motor wire, causing it to short out. I got it soldered back together and insulated. I also added slightly longer screws and spacers, moving the board about 5mm further away from the frame. I put the wires inside some plastic conduit and ran that through so this should never be a problem again.

Does anyone know if the sailfish firmware can be installed on this printer? I'm having a hard time finding any info on this Bizer III at all.
    Last edited by dspdrew; 02-28-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Technician
    Have you contacted the seller first?

Of course there are different sellers, but I've had pretty good comms with the seller I bought from.
    Gave me a partial refund,
    Sent replacement PSU
    Sent replacement motor cable.

If you are lucky, the seller sent the item insured.
    You can ask the seller to make a claim against the courier to get a replacement printer that way.

A lot of chinese sellers want to keep good feedback on ebay, I would have contacted them before starting any case.
    So before contacting Paypal, email the guy and either ask them to swap the printer with another, or make a claim against the courier.

Technician
    I've already been through all that. What I am wondering is if there is anyone else out there with this printer, because I haven't found a single person in the entire internet. The only support I'm stuck with now, is these guys who send one message every 24 hours.

I finally got this thing to print, but it sits there for about 40 minutes before it finally starts to print. Is this normal?

Edit: Now when I try to print some files, the system just crashes and resets.
    Last edited by dspdrew; 02-29-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast