Close

Engineer-in-Training

SainSmart 1.75mm PVA Dissolvable 3D Printers Filament

I have PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer. I ordered a spool of SainSmart 1.75mm PVA Dissolvable 3D Printers Filament -0.5kg/1.1lbs (Natural). How do I set up Simplify3D to print supports as "solid objects" using second extruder? What's the recommended extruder temperature?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-1...s-natural.html

What are the printing temperatures for PVA?
    Printing temperature range is ~160°C - 190°C. Please be sure to not let PVA sit at temperatures higher than 200°C for a period of time! This is very important to prevent pyrolysis which will jam and clog the nozzle!

Engineer-in-Training
    Which 3D printing software work best with dissolvable filament as support material?

Engineer-in-Training
    I got the dissolvable filament in the mail today. I set up Simplify3D to print the body of an old racing car using white PLA in left extruder and dissolvable filament in right extruder. The dissolvable filament didn't stick to Buildtak so I had to use Elmer's glue stick. The temps are 210 degrees C on left extruder, 190 degrees C on right extruder, and the heated platform is not used. How do I clean the glue stick off the Buildtak? What if I can't take the body off the Buildtak without ruining either the body or the Buildtak using the putty knife? The printing job is almost half done and it looked good.