Close

Flashforge Creator Pro Home Offsets Help

Hey all, I have a problem which I am hoping somebody here can help me with. I recently purchased a Flashforge Creator Pro, and everything looks like it came alright. I even test printed the dual color cone from the SD card, and it came out great!

The issue I am having is that when I try and print directly from the computer, the extruders go all the way to the top right corner of the machine and start printing, even though its hanging off the side of the build plate! I have tried setting the home offsets to 112,72.5,0 on multiple programs, like ReplicatorG, Cura, and Simplify3D.

Is this a software issue, something I am missing? Or did something break in transit?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Not sure what is going on now, but when I try to print the traffic cone from the SD card, the extruder goes to the opposite corner of the printer and starts shaking like crazy, looks like it is trying to continue going in that direction.

EDIT: I can get that traffic cone to print, but only in that back right corner, and only one extruder is on the plate. I am convinced that this isnt a software issue anymore, but something to do with the end stop switches maybe? In jog mode, they all stop when pressed in one direction, but in the other direction it just keeps going. It seems the print head never goes back to its spot after doing anything either, and when I first printed that traffic cone everything went perfectly. I wonder if it is possible something somehow broke afterwards in the day I have had it?

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Marty; 02-11-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I don't understand this statement "In jog mode, they all stop when pressed in one direction, but in the other direction it just keeps going". For all the axis' XYZ ?

Sorry, what I mean is that when I press an end stop switch in jog mode, it stops in that direction like it is supposed to. On all axis' it works in the same way. But again for all axis', it doesn't stop when I press the switch going in the opposite direction.

Engineer-in-Training
    Check your stop switches to make sure they're working correctly. When I first setup my FFCP one of my switches had lost the little metal tab causing my print head to move to far and start clicking against the side.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Sorry, what I mean is that when I press an end stop switch in jog mode, it stops in that direction like it is supposed to. On all axis' it works in the same way. But again for all axis', it doesn't stop when I press the switch going in the opposite direction.

It's not supposed to. The end stops are there so the printer can find it's home position. If you are jogging in the opposite direction (away from the switch) manually activating the switch will do nothing. If you continue to jog to the opposite end it will run into the carriage and start skipping, and that is perfectly normal.