Close

Flexible Fillament/itty bitty Extruder

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is easier to print with flexible filaments in a size 3mm or 1.75mm?
    Another question I had was if I purchase thePrusa 12" i3v Kit (V-Slot Extrusion)

3D printer kit from makerfarm and also purchase the Itty Bitty Double Extruder Hardware Set

which requires an extraHexagon Hot End

what voltage should the heater be for the hexagon hot end be that works with the Prusa 12" the options are 12V and 24V
    The final question I have is does the Itty Bitty set come with the files to print the parts that are not included?
    Any help is appreciated I am new to the 3D printing world

Quote Originally Posted by UnisBrands View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is easier to print with flexible filaments in a size 3mm or 1.75mm?
    Another question I had was if I purchase thePrusa 12" i3v Kit (V-Slot Extrusion)

3D printer kit from makerfarm and also purchase the Itty Bitty Double Extruder Hardware Set

what voltage should the heater be for the hexagon hot end be that works with the Prusa 12" the options are 12V and 24V
    The final question I have is does the Itty Bitty set come with the files to print the parts that are not included?
    I just finished building an Itty Bitty double V2 but haven't put it on yet. I don't know anything about flexible filaments but I have Makerfarm 10" I3V and it is 12 volt to the hexagon, I would bet the 12" is the same but an email to Makerfarm would confirm that. The Clough42 website has all the files for the printed parts to the Itty Bitty and he also sells the printed parts if you want to go that route.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by UnisBrands View Post
    Hello,

In my experience it is easier to find flexible filament in 1.75mm. I only have experience with 1.75mm filament, so I cannot comment on how easy it is with 3mm vs 1.75mm.

You can find the STL files on clough42's website or on thingiverse, and you should order the hot ends that match your power supply. If you are using a 12v power supply, get 12v hot ends (the only difference is the heater cartridge), if you have a 24v power supply, get the 24v hot ends. A 24v power supply will heat the bed and hot ends quicker, but make sure your board will allow 24v before you buy a 24v power supply.