Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Marlin V 1.1 RC3

Anyone else upgrade? I installed it today and I must say I love the improvements. It was a little different to setup but the added features are well worth it. The layout and work flow is improved and the verification is top notch. Thanks to all involved with the development..

Makerfarm i3 8" Itty bitty flex E3D auto retract hot ends, ABL

There are still a few bugs that need to be squished... But RC-3 is getting close!

I installed it the other day. I've had a couple cases where the ABL servo didn't deploy completely, but otherwise it's been smooth.

Hi, I am thinking about running Marlin V 1.1 RC3 here (feel a need to play with software and not hardware for a change!!) Is it only:

Pins.h
    config.h and
    configuration_adv.h

that need editing, or it there more to it than that?

Unless you're running very nonstandardized hardware, Configuration.h is the only thing you need to mess with.

Thanks, I know I had to change pins.h to add the z-probe servo and Configuration_adv.h to relocate the extruder fan pin after I accidentally shorted the original one! I also changed the DEFAULT_STEPPER_DEACTIVE_TIME to accommodate ABL if the Z axis was set higher than usual.

Time to play.

1.1 RC doesn't seem to have a problem with that stepper timeout glitch on a long z-axis move; try it without messing with DEFAULT_STEPPER_DEACTIVE_TIME.But yeah, I believe it's the same files for the other stuff.

Technician
    Does anyone know how to fix an issue with the "tune" setting? After loading RC3, I can no longer tune settings mid-print from LCD. If I click into the menu, click tune, and try to adjust say nozzle temperature, it goes into the flow adjustment screen (which I've never seen before), and I cannot escape it.

Same problem here. Maybe report the problem on the git site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustmann View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix an issue with the "tune" setting? After loading RC3, I can no longer tune settings mid-print from LCD. If I click into the menu, click tune, and try to adjust say nozzle temperature, it goes into the flow adjustment screen (which I've never seen before), and I cannot escape it.

Quote Originally Posted by dustmann View Post
    That doesn't sound right. My guess is there is some extra information needed. But this stuff should be very intuitive and even if that is the case, it should be fixed. Post a bug report here:

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Ma...3Aupdated-desc

If this is real... Somebody will get it fixed ASAP. And in fact, it may already be fixed in RCBugFix available here:

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RCBugFix

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast