Close

is it possible to make a mouse pad with a wrist cushion using a 3d printer?

I'm just asking because I would like to know the capabilities of 3d printing printing stuff that wasn't as stable and solid like a mouse pad with a rist coushion.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    You might be able to find a printer that can do a soft gooey material like the gel of the cushion, and that type of machine might be able to do the mouse pad surface itself, but I haven't heard of a machine with those capabilities yet (our pro guru's might know of something). Most 3d printers don't do soft and gooey (at least as a final product), they might do flexible, but not like you want. You're looking for more of a Star Trekesque replicator machine.

To be honest, Even if you ignore the startup costs of a machine like this (few thousand $ min), the trouble of finding the right raw materials in the right form, then the time spent trial and erroring to get it right, the quality of such a final product would probably be less than what you can find at walmart.

Go to your local craft store, get some neoprene, a gel block, and make one with glue. You can use a 3d printer to make a frame to hold those things in place, but you won't be able to print the neoprene or gel.

Unless of course this is a XY problem, and you'd get a better answer asking what it is you want to make.