Close

Thread: A4988 Chip

A4988 Chip

Good Evening,

I'm new to the world of 3D printing after my brother got me the Maker Architect 3D Printer based off the same design of the Makerbot Replicator. Their whole selling point is that its affordable but easily upgradable. So, I got myself another extruder head but still need a microstep controller A4988 chip. The only problem is that every single one I've been able to find online is in the wrong orientation. The pins have to be soldered on the other side. I've included a picture to try to narrow the search and help show what I'm trying to say lol. I was considering just soldering the pins myself in the (correct?) orientation for my board, but was hoping someone out there might be able to steer me in the right direction before I buy the wrong parts.

20160131_144341.jpg20160131_193952.jpg51edSpk0vlL[1].jpg

Senior Engineer
    There is no need to post in different forums, if anyone has an answer they will post a reply.

It seems to me to be a diddly of a pickle because even if you mount upside down you cannot put a heatsink on.

Sorry, didn't know how to change the post's location and figured this was a more appropriate location. Someone somewhere has to manufacture this thing because it made it's way into my machine. Could I put a heatsink on the reverse side where that gold strip is on the purple chip??

Senior Engineer
    Yes you could, of course you could, me being slow.

You can also buy them without pins I think so actually you don't really have a problem provided you are happy soldering..

Hey, just a heads up for anyone out there that is running the same printer or ran into the same problem as me. I was able to find a direct replacement from FlashForgeUSA. Here's the Link:

http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/f...or-driver.html