Close

Help! Micro3d Printer failing

Hello everyone, sorry my first post isn't the happiest!

I have had a few successful prints with the M3D but recently it has begun shifting, grinding and throwing my print across the pad..

I have tried using the M3D forums but everything is coming up as "You are not authorised to read this forum."
    I also cannot post for some reason..

The M3D site is not letting me log in and resetting my password wont work because the emails never arrive (over 48h now, multiple times)

Please tell me whats going on with my little printer..

20160201_194530.jpg20160201_194534.jpg20160201_194546.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    probaly sounds daft:but have you checked your email spam folder for the forum emails ?

Yeah haha I have don't worry. I have sent a general enquiry to M3D and they sent me the recovery link direct so that's solved but still having issues with the printer.

Shifting is usually due to untightened belts.
    Grinding on a single extruder could be due to overextrusion or warping.

I have a few ideas as to what may be happening. First is build plate calibration. Try raising the height of the extruded slightly. It's a difficult balance to get a stable first layer that is not to tight to avoid the extruder bumping the print. Also make sure that corners are calibrated well. With a multi part print, the head may be hitting in one of the corners. Next look at your filament placement. Is the filament causing too much drag while moving on the x/y axis? The last is mechanical. I had terrible skipping issues when I first got my printer. The cause was debris/flashing binding up the sliders on the side rails. I had to remove the sliders, and clean them up with a small blade to remove flashing and allow the belt to slid through it freely. This is fairly involved because you need to disconnect the extruder rail before you can snap the slider off the rail. Hopefully you are now able to access the M3D forum now. They have good instructions for removing the rails.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Calibration was my first guess. I've had prints pushed around from a bed out of alignment. Grinding too when to when it was trying to extruded through the build plate. But Lambda's advice may be sound too.

Hi again, sorry about the delay I sorta left printing for a while and after updating the printer everything seems back to normal.. It does make quite a lot of noise and I also noticed that before I print I must scrape away some dribbled ink that always comes through at the start of a print or else it will interfere with the fan and sometimes the print raft.

login problem has been solved by m3d.

Thanks all for the input I will keep this in mind should I have any further issues