Close

Student
    Add Quintus on Thingiverse

Makerbot 2x estruder wont stay hot for a print

My 2x has a very odd extruder problem. The right extruder works fine. The left will heat up when it should but recently has been cutting out right as soon as it completes its preheat. The change filament function and preheat utility will heat up and maintain the temperature of the extruder. As soon as the printer starts a print, either duel or left extruder only, the heater cuts off. So far I've created different print files from different computers through USB or SD card, exported through different versions of makerbot desktop, and most recently I downgraded then upgraded the firmware. All had no affect on the function of the left extruder. Any suggestions?

Technician
    Howdy
    Go into General Settings and see if you have Tool Count = double
    Go to General setting Preheat settings and see if you have Left ON

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    My 2x has a very odd extruder problem. The right extruder works fine. The left will heat up when it should but recently has been cutting out right as soon as it completes its preheat. The change filament function and preheat utility will heat up and maintain the temperature of the extruder. As soon as the printer starts a print, either duel or left extruder only, the heater cuts off. So far I've created different print files from different computers through USB or SD card, exported through different versions of makerbot desktop, and most recently I downgraded then upgraded the firmware. All had no affect on the function of the left extruder. Any suggestions?
    Its a bug. Roll back to the pre 3.9 version per makerbot support.

Student
    Add Quintus on Thingiverse
    That wasn't the fix but you got me on the right path to finding it. It had to do with the newest update desktop update. When you use custom print setting profiles on the 2x fails to heat the extruder when using 3.9.1.