Close

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    ah, that does complicate things, doesn't it? I'd been seeing that term all this time and never made the proper connection in my alleged mind. Is there a specific value one can assign to a deflection measured in degrees?

Staff Engineer
    ah, that does complicate things, doesn't it? I'd been seeing that term all this time and never made the proper connection in my alleged mind. Is there a specific value one can assign to a deflection measured in degrees? I found this link:
    https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppag...tgroup_id=3770
    that indicates these devices have an output of sorts, but the tech escapes me.

Technologist
    I'll take a look at that later. I have a friend who uses galvos for laser shows, I'll try to talk to him about it. Of course he doesn't need it super accurate, but on theory should be close.

My VAT looks maybe dead. Mighty be good enough to keep playing with, but I accidentally tore the silicon with my last print and have resin on the acrylic VAT. Washed most of it off but not sure if I maybe scratched it or not. Using IPA to clean it then will recoat.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    I'll take a look at that later. I have a friend who uses galvos for laser shows, I'll try to talk to him about it. Of course he doesn't need it super accurate, but on theory should be close.

My VAT looks maybe dead. Mighty be good enough to keep playing with, but I accidentally tore the silicon with my last print and have resin on the acrylic VAT. Washed most of it off but not sure if I maybe scratched it or not. Using IPA to clean it then will recoat.
    Any new updates? I cna get resources to do you up a GUI for your code. BTW, I'm from NH too. Living in NY now.

Technologist
    Nah, not recently, have not yet had the chance to re coat my VAT. I've got two things on my To-do list though. I'm still worried my z axis code might lower too much even after calibration.

Technologist
    Ahhh been so busy, newborns and all Anyway I saw this guy: http://hackaday.com/2016/06/13/open-...m-the-browser/ and I think I'll have to check it out. I'm hoping that in the next month I'll find the time to recoat my vat and start making progress again.

Staff Engineer
    Children and hobbies? How can you manage?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by chooch View Post
    Cool, will have to check it out. I *finally* recoated my vat this morning, so I guess in 24-48 hours I can try to see how well the coating came out. I have some time this week and next so maybe I'll make some progress or at least get some videos of what my "problem" is.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast