Close

Need help buy: so many options, such small budget

Hello, as the title says Im looking at buying a new 3d printer. I currently have the M3D Micro printer. While it was an okay step into additive manufacturing, i'm looking for something more. I've looked at some examples, but there are so many that my head imploded. For my printer I want something that is Low in price, has a decent print area(hopefully bigger than the micro), Can be used with alot of filaments, and has a heated bead, or one can be added to it. Addition, but not necessary dual filament extruder, wifi printing, pre-built. What im not sure on is printing from an SD card or layer resolution. The micro can go up to 50 microns, at that it was pretty slow. 100 microns seemed perfectly fine to me. As for diy, I'm pretty smart mechanically and im even going to school to become an electrical engineer, so I know how to read plans and wire things together.

If you are in the US, printrbot and lulzbot are good options.
    I love my Printrbot Metal Plus dual.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...al-Plus-prints

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    wanhao duplicator i3 mk2 :-) http://wanhaousa.com/products/duplicator-i3-steel-frame
    lots of other places to buy them - that's just the only one I can easily remember :-)

Thanks for the responses. The printrbot Metal Plus is stretching my budget, however it has everything I want. The wanhao duplicator i3 mk2 is definitely in my budget. Are there any reasons why I shouldn't get it. Also are there upgrades I could make in the future ie. Bigger print space, better extruder, dual filament

how mechanically inclined and good and following directions?, Buy a kit and assemble.

Yes, I would be able to assemble one fairly easily. However, if I knew which kit to buy I would not be on here asking which one to buy.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I would've recommended Printrbot Play too, but since you said that it's out of your budget, then Wanhao Duplicator i3 is good for you. And it only costs around $400, so I guess it can be within your budget.

Printrbot play is 400$, the printrbot plus is indeed pricier.