Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilson 2

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Never by anything with "Sintron" or "Aurora" in the title.
    Or Geeetech....

Glad you got it figured out! We have several Kossels and several Prusa's. Not really sure which one is easier to configure. This new Wilson 2 is really like a Prusa on Steroids! We plan on using it to test out new filaments, like Nylon, Wood and Metals. It has an all metal extruder so it can run much hotter.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Glad you got it figured out! We have several Kossels and several Prusa's. Not really sure which one is easier to configure. This new Wilson 2 is really like a Prusa on Steroids! We plan on using it to test out new filaments, like Nylon, Wood and Metals. It has an all metal extruder so it can run much hotter.
    I'm keen to see it in action!

I have this thing printing well now, but the scale is off lol.. first time ever in my printing history have I had a scale issue.

Printed a 40mm cube, came out at 31mm all sides (printed flawlessly. dead straight..) just a tad small...

Is this a marlin thing? I've checked belts and everything- the prints look very very good, it's purely a scale issue which I can get around by scaling up sure, but it's alot of second guessing.

Roxy.. you're the Marlin expert, any ideas?
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

I think scaling is in some setting, not in the mechanics of the machine. There has to be a setting where one revolution of your axis gives (x) amount of movement. I know when we changed the lead screws on one of our machines from threaded rods to acme rods we had to change something. I am sure Roxy knows the answer.

This is a picture from four hours into a seven hour print from last night. Trying to get some sample prints to bring to the Midwest RepRap Conference in a couple of weeks.

FullSizeRender (8).jpg
    Last edited by JohnA136; 02-28-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Printed a 40mm cube, came out at 31mm all sides (printed flawlessly. dead straight..) just a tad small...

Is this a marlin thing? I've checked belts and everything- the prints look very very good, it's purely a scale issue which I can get around by scaling up sure, but it's alot of second guessing.

Roxy.. you're the Marlin expert, any ideas?
    No... This isn't a Marlin thing. Some how, some way, you have the wrong number of stepper pulses per unit of travel defined.

You get to control exactly how many stepper motor clicks constitutes 1mm of travel. You would just scale that number up by 40/31 (x1.29). Play with these numbers to get your Cube at 40mm.

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80, 80, 80, 93} //These numbers are for my machine. Scale your numbers on this line to get to 40mm.

It might be good to turn off your EEPROM settings until you have this dialed in. You don't want any bad numbers coming out of the EEPROM and being used.
    Last edited by Roxy; 02-28-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12