Close

Student

Recommendations for hot bed cable

Hey there,

I am new to 3d printing and have been running into some trouble with the power cable for the print bed on my printer. I have an i3 variant sold by Hic Technology; this is the exact printer found on Amazon. The issue that I am running into is caused by how the cable comes off the bottom area of the bed at the back. It has a tendency to curve and get stuck against the motor while the bed is trying to retract. This is causing the bed to stall and force the printer to stop mid print. I have tried taping it at the end so which partially corrects the issue, but when the bed starts to heat up the tape loses adhesion and I run into the issue again shortly after. Normally for a wiring issue life that I would move on to something like hot glue, but that will also not work here because of the temperatures of the bed. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a way to correct for it? Or does anyone know of a high adhesion tape, or something similar, that won't fall off when it is heated up to around 70 c? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Engineer-in-Training
    Why don't you print a small cable chain to run the cables through? Something like this: Cable Chain

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    You might want to try Epoxy Resin. After epoxy has cured it cannot be melted. Epoxy is available in all good hardware shops.

Hope this helps