Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Technician
    Well im definetly looking forward to installing the SSR. If my heated bed came preinstalled with the mechanical relay, do you think I can just jumper it so that it is always in the closed state thus bypassing it? And then add in a SSR and hooking it up to the RAMPS board and heated bed. I've looked at the circuit diagrams for it. Seems pretty simple.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pjfossee View Post
    Well im definetly looking forward to installing the SSR. If my heated bed came preinstalled with the mechanical relay, do you think I can just jumper it so that it is always in the closed state thus bypassing it? And then add in a SSR and hooking it up to the RAMPS board and heated bed. I've looked at the circuit diagrams for it. Seems pretty simple.
    I am not familiar with the new on board relay so I can't help you much there. I would assume that it has solder points on the heat bed where the power is applied from the relay to the board, you could probably attach the new wiring from the SSR to those points.

Technician
    Well it's been a little while but I finally got the relay and installed it. The prints are a thousand times better. Also got a PEI sheet while I was at it and I'm now printing ABS wonderfully too. Thanks for the help everyone!

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pjfossee View Post
    Well it's been a little while but I finally got the relay and installed it. The prints are a thousand times better. Also got a PEI sheet while I was at it and I'm now printing ABS wonderfully too. Thanks for the help everyone!
    No problem, glad it helped.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234