pins_MKS_BASE.h
    /**
    * MKS BASE 1.0 – Arduino Mega2560 with RAMPS v1.4 pin assignments
    */

#include "pins_RAMPS_13_EFB.h"

#undef HEATER_1_PIN
    #define HEATER_1_PIN 7

#undef SERVO0_PIN // This pin is signal to bed level servo
    #define SERVO0_PIN 11 // pin/value 11 is label on MKS board D11, pin/value 12 is label D12

//#undef Y_MAX_PIN // GDD I run Z_MIN_PIN & Z_MIN_PROBE. I OVERLAP Y_MAX_PIN (15) wire as Z Min Probe pin
    #define Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN 15 //

Technician
    Clough42,

I'm thinking of buying & building a Flex v2. I currently have a Hex hot end I got with my i3v. If I buy an e3d v6, can I use that and my existing Hex hotend on the Flex without any issues?

Another cool idea: Do you happen to have a version of he Flex that works with the e3d Chimera?

One more.... Any chance of Flex v2 being compatible with the new Makerfarm Pegasus?

Thanks for your hard work and your time.

Student
    - There are STLs made for the Hex hot end. It runs with both.

- e3d Chimera is 18mm center to center on each throat. I think the Flex V2 is 27mm center to center.
    So, it would not fit. The groove plate is made to lock a J-head hotend onto the extruder base. So, even
    the mechanics aren't right. (Good luck with that one!!!)

- I'm NOT Mr J Clough though...
    It IS a cool little extruder.

Technician
    If I use a Hex and an E3d v6 In the Dual Flex extruder, is there a way to shim the e3d to match the height of the Hex? I assume I need them both to be at the exact same height relative to the bed.

Student
    Hmmm... good idea! Not without a redesigned groovemount

Student
    If you do get any ideas... I've been wondering also. The current way is to rotate the entire mount on the horizontal axis making it not perpendicular to the axis with the adj backplate. Then rotating the right threaded rod until level.

That doesn't work well on my printer.

Quote Originally Posted by hernejj View Post
    Clough42,

I'm thinking of buying & building a Flex v2. I currently have a Hex hot end I got with my i3v. If I buy an e3d v6, can I use that and my existing Hex hotend on the Flex without any issues?

Another cool idea: Do you happen to have a version of he Flex that works with the e3d Chimera?

One more.... Any chance of Flex v2 being compatible with the new Makerfarm Pegasus?

Thanks for your hard work and your time.
    The E3Dv6 and the Hexagon are different lengths, so they don't really work well together on the same extruder. You need the nozzles level to print without crashing into the part.

Gary is right... The Chimera has a different center-to-center distance, but it might be possible to run it if you designed a dual Bowden adapter.

Yes, the Itty Bitty Double FLEX is compatible with the Makerfarm Pegasus if you use my adjustable X carriage plate: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:945613

There is a version of the plate that takes the normal one eccentric on the bottom, and a version that takes an additional eccentric on top for leveling.

Technician
    Clough,

awesome! Thank you very much. I'll likely be ordering a hardware kit, motors, light springs, etc etc from you soon

Quote Originally Posted by hernejj View Post
    Clough,

awesome! Thank you very much. [...]
    You're welcome. Always glad to help.

Student

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    You're welcome. Always glad to help.
    I've been playing a lot with Auto Bed Leveling and Mesh Bed Leveling on a non-makerfarm printer.

ABL really doesn't work on my system. (Probably because it isn't setup correctly.
    I'm a senior software engineer... It should be easy.)

MBL always works but is a hassle.

A major problem is I built a plate that mounts to the X-carrage that does not allow tilting.
    I've made shims to adjust the height of each nozzle. Mine if 2mm different. It prints fine
    but I've pulled lots of teeth to get here...

A big thing is a Prusa i3 cannot have an X-Axis that is not perpendicular to the Z axis.
    If it is off, it causes major strain on parts...

I've had GREAT fun with this head. I print PLA and PETG.

But, Try and understand how everything works...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast