Close

Thread: Polymax PC

PC Plus

Hello, just wondering if anyone has any experience printing with polycarbonate? What brand and ect... Any tips. Also would like info on PC Plus from Polymaker and how it prints.

Thanks
    Last edited by SpragClutch; 12-19-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpragClutch View Post
    Hello, just wondering if anyone has any experience printing with polycarbonate? What brand and ect... Any tips. Also would like info on polymax PC and how it prints.

Thanks
    I read that eSUN makes a good one called ePC.
    That does not Warp as bad as other PC filaments.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    drawing a blank on that. Do you mean the pc-plus polycarbonate from polymaker ?

Polymax is their super tough pla.
    http://www.polymaker.com/shop/

http://www.polymaker.com/shop/polymax/

I do have a roll of their pc - haven't tried it yet. Only thing I would say is that they claim it only sticks to buildtak and there's a square in the box.

I'll most likely try it on my normal pva first.
    Haven't had much buggering around time to mess with new filament types recently. But it's on my (very long) list :-)

Yes, I've edited it to reflect the correct names.

Engineer
    the esun epc is probably one of the nicest filaments i ever printed with. super strong, higher temp, warps slightly less than abs. other polycarbs warp absolutely terrible and are almost unprintable. whatever esun did to their epc version they did it right. i love the stuff. only problem is its only avail in a natural cloudy white/clear. its also flame retardant. i printed all my extruder parts out of it to lower the fire risk if a thermistor fails.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    the esun epc is probably one of the nicest filaments i ever printed with. super strong, higher temp, warps slightly less than abs. other polycarbs warp absolutely terrible and are almost unprintable. whatever esun did to their epc version they did it right. i love the stuff. only problem is its only avail in a natural cloudy white/clear. its also flame retardant. i printed all my extruder parts out of it to lower the fire risk if a thermistor fails.
    What nozzle and bed temps are best, when using ePC filament ?
    (our printer has nozzle temp limit of 228C, so did not know if it would work)

Thanks for info,
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 12-22-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We print in PC at 260C, I'll have to find out where it comes from.

I checked the eSUN website and they recommend 235 to 260C nozzle temp, for ePC.

So that is another we won't be trying,
    unless someone here has tried it at a Lower temp and it works ??

Note: I've found that some other filaments do great at lower than recommended temp,
    I think that's because they are Not measuring the Actual temp at nozzle, but at the other end of mounting block
    Or some other Strange melting-point Test !
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 12-22-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    260 ish is what the polymaker guys said when they gave me the filament :-)

Just really waiting for the right project to use it on. I'm thinking maybe a coffee cup to fit my coffee pod machine - when I get it.