Close

Is 3D Printing Safe for Human Health

3D printing has a lot to offer, as we've seen the technology pick up the pace in use throughout both consumer and industrial applications. What we don't fully know, though, is the impact this is having on our health. Underwriters Laboratories has teamed up in partnerships with Georgia Tech and Emory University to uncover the impact of 3D printing emissions on indoor air quality. With research being conducted in two phases, toxicity studies will conclude in 2016. Dr. Marilyn Black, vice president and senior technical advisor, Underwriters Laboratories Inc., took the time to answer some questions for 3DPrint.com in an exclusive interview to shed more light on the implications of the research on human health. Read what is being studied, and how, at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/108795/ul-researc...r-air-quality/

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I think this will be very important information. I just hope the research gets done correctly.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks good - should lead to safer materials :-)

I've got this on solid information...
    Living is hazardous to your health and always leads to death.
    It's not how you die, but how you live, that counts...