Close

Angry Replicator 5th Generation Inconsistent Quality as Height Increases

Hello everyone,

As many of you know the 5th Generation Replicators can have their ups and downs. I'm currently on my 3rd smart extruder and its printing the best quality I've ever had, but now there is a new issue!

The prints are great for the first 2" of height, then the quality becomes terrible. (see picture)

I've tested this across 3 different prints with drastically different total print times, so I don't believe its related to the smart extruder's filament feed. Prints under 2" in height come out perfect.

My first thought is the z axis needs to be greased since the quality loss is happening in the same location across different prints. I'm going to grab some PTFE grease today, but until then has anyone else experienced this issue or have any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks for the help in advance,
    Jesse

IMG_2157.jpg

Technician
    Hi
    My guess would be something with Zaxis rods is not in place as it should be.
    If you can't see any thing by yourself then just take it to nearest MB Service center.
    They will fix it for you.

Thank you the response. I was able to find a solution. Greased the Z-Axis worm gear, now all is good.

Thanks,
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Hi
    My guess would be something with Zaxis rods is not in place as it should be.
    If you can't see any thing by yourself then just take it to nearest MB Service center.
    They will fix it for you.

Student
    What type of grease did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by oic-u3d2 View Post
    What type of grease did you use?
    Super Lube Synthetic Grease with PTFE

Student
    Good to know - Thanks!

Thanks for the info, I just posted this thread, I wonder if this is related to the issues I am having? My understanding is that I am not suppose to grease anything other then what maker-bot recommends.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...new-3D-printer