Close

Has anyone of you tried online 3D printing services ?

Hi, like all of you probably here, I am very interested in buying a 3D printer but I wanted to get the feel of an end result before being (financially) too involved.

So I decided to try 4/5 online 3D printing services. Local 3D hubs here only have FFF, not really what I wanted. I tried to stay on iso-perimeter for size, material. I wanted 2 projects : a business card and a 3D printer.
    Illustration2.jpg
    Here below is an example of the Sculpteo user interface for print parameters and feasability. For various personal reasons I ended up placing the order there.
    Test impression.jpg
    Heralded by various mails from the post office I received part of my order today nicely wrapped. Don't judge the result on the picture I blurred it a bit intentionally.
    P1000584.jpgP1000585.jpg
    For the dice itself, the print order was cancelled after a day, because of the smaller details analyzed in their software (see red areas above). I thought (but I'm no pro admittedly) that I had respected the minimum dimensions for feasability. When I discussed with the support team they told me that the issue was the high pressure cleaning process. So, they could do it if I accepted a delay in the cleaning process, which I did and they re-validated the order. A very nice exchange overall.

Pictures of the dice in a few days.

So, what online printing services have you used ? What was your experience ?

Do you consider Shapeways to be a 3D Printing service? I've ordered several things from there, and have been very happy each time.

Annd the dice arrived ! Now I can see what they meant at Sculpteo. The feeling for the thickness is not the same when you actually hold it in your hands.
    2014-03-02 13.21.35.jpg