Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    First, you don't have max end stops, right? If not, we should turn those off. That is done in Configuration.h by changing to this:
    Code:
    #define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
    Okay I've Disabled Max End stops in configuration h, which has now left me with only the min end stops when running a M119 Command. I can confirm that when i press the end stops, the state changes, however they are triggered and when pressed, open.

Code:
    const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    Because of this i have inverted the logic in configuration h, which now shows them triggered when pressed, which is what I required.

What would be my next step in getting towards my first print?

Thanks for your help so far, its been extremely helpful.

Do a G28 and verify it homes properly. Turn on the heat bed and the nozzle and verify those heat up and hold steady in temperature. Then tell it extrude to 10mm or 20mm of filament and see what it does.

Go back to the start and home. Verify you can just slip a piece or two of paper under the nozzle. And if so.... press the 'Print' button!

Student
    Then tell it extrude to 10mm or 20mm of filament and see what it does.

Go back to the start and home. Verify you can just slip a piece or two of paper under the nozzle. And if so.... press the 'Print' button!
    Okay I feel we are getting close, the printer homes correctly, and when set to extrude say 10mm, does so correctly, however when printing it extrudes extremly slowly, near not extruding? Any ideas ?

Thanks

You do know printing even a small, hollow 20mm^3 calibration cube can take 15 or 20 minutes, right? The plastic doesn't come out of the nozzle very fast. It might be time for you to take a video and show us the first layer of something being printed. We can tell a lot more from that.

Student
    You do know printing even a small, hollow 20mm^3 calibration cube can take 15 or 20 minutes, right? The plastic doesn't come out of the nozzle very fast. It might be time for you to take a video and show us the first layer of something being printed. We can tell a lot more from that.
    Yeh I inow it takes time, but what I mean is the printer is moving around and can see it moving up the z axis on the different layers but there isn't any extrusion because the gears are barely moving. However like I said the motor spins and extrudes fine manually through pronterface. I can certainly add a video you evidence this if required?

When you tell it to extrude 10mm of filament in Pronterface, it extrudes that much of what is being feed into the extruder, right? That isn't how long of piece comes out, right?

A video would be helpful.

My first initial guess is that your nozzle diameter/filament diameter is set incorrectly in your slicing software. This would lead to incorrect extrusion rates when trying to print a sliced part, but would not effect pronterface extrusion.

Student
    When you tell it to extrude 10mm of filament in Pronterface, it extrudes that much of what is being feed into the extruder, right? That isn't how long of piece comes out, right?

A video would be helpful.
    Heres the video, sorry it took so long. As you can see its 4 minutes of the printer running then at the end you can see how much plastic has been extruded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ICO-AYqHbw&feature=youtu.be

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post
    My first initial guess is that your nozzle diameter/filament diameter is set incorrectly in your slicing software. This would lead to incorrect extrusion rates when trying to print a sliced part, but would not effect pronterface extrusion.
    Where can i change these settings?

Quote Originally Posted by RamJam View Post
    Where can i change these settings?
    In Slic3r you would turn on Expert settings by doing File/Preferences/Mode=Expert
    And then on the Filament_Settings tab adjust the Filament Diameter to the right number.
    And then on the Printer_Settings tab adjust Extruder_1's Nozzle diameter to the right number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast